1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VISICarbon Pro - Be Safe, Be Seen

Discussion in 'VISICarbon Pro' started by GlockGuy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. GlockGuy

GlockGuy Member

Day and night safety, thanks to the VISICarbon Pro featuring a light by Tektite and a flag that doubles as a storage bag!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. n2bassfishing

n2bassfishing New Member

Great shot of the Rides

3. paddln4reds

paddln4reds New Member

Thanks For Keeping My Family A Little Safer!

Just wanted to say "Thanks" for a nice product. I'm very concerned in keeping my kids safe when we're out on the water and the VisiCarbon Pro does make us more visible. I've mounted one on each of our tandems (WS T130s) using a Mighty Mount. I love how it breaks down easily, quickly and stuffs right into the flag for storage....doesn't get any easier than that. Also, love the versatility that I can use this in the Slidetrax system of my WS T140 without having to install and additional mount. I'm also a fan of your screwballs. When we're out, it always seems that at least one person approaches us and asks about the VisiCarbon Pro so, hopefully your getting some sales from that. :)

[​IMG]

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Rick

Tampa, FL

4. USAntigoon

USAntigoon New Member

Nice picture......
    I got one of these VISICarbon Pro on order as well...rest assured once my fellow kayaker friends see this... More orders will follow..
    Thanks for sharing...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  5. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

No doubt Rick, every little bit of added visibility is a step in the right direction......especially with the kids. One of the best aftermarket accessories you can add to a kayak.

My 11 y/o in search of Snakehead's..........

[​IMG]

6. Capt Gary

Capt Gary New Member

Used mine on a trip in NC last Sat. Stayed busy all afternoon explaining how it works and where to get them to other boaters. Sells should go up in NC soon.

7. STLKayak

STLKayak New Member

Bought one for my trip to Kentucky Lake last week. It really helped my confidence that I was visible when the rollers seemed to make my Pro Angler disappear.

It was especially nice to have when I would roll back to our lodge late at night. My father said I was visible three coves away. How about coming up with something similar for the bow with a red/green light. I picture something on a mount like the pan fish portrait.

One other thing I want to add to the VisiCarbon is a clear pouch, almost like another flag, but closer to the deck of the boat. I have about 10 different lake usage stickers that are required for different lakes in Illinois, that need to be visible, but I really don't want to stick them to the side of my PA. Plus, if I am paddling another kayak, I really don't want to have to buy an additional usage sticker. Currently I stick the one I need in a ziplock Baggie, and tape it low on my Panfish camera pole.

It looks tacky as shite, but better than getting a citation and fine! Any ideas on a better way to manage my use stickers?

8. Yak Chum

Yak Chum Administrator Staff Member

Red and Green are only for vessels under power and over 16 feet long as per coast guard regulations. Human powered vessles are only required to carry a 360 degree light hence the visi pole.

If you want to change up the visi pole light you can buy a Teklite. Its the same light and they make different mounting setups. Then using some green or red light lens plastic (for DJ or stage lighting) cut out a circle stick it inside the cone over the LED that will get you the color.

The stickers.. Using a piece of plexi glass stick them to that then hang the plexi glass off your kayak or PA. This will allow you to use the same sticker for different boats.