1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler Anchor Trolley

Discussion in 'Stakeout and Anchoring Systems' started by Lt.FireDog, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Lt.FireDog

Lt.FireDog Administrator

With the DOA Lures Paddlers Tourney coming up this weekend and the new Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler sitting on the rack naked & feeling neglected....so I figured it was time to break out the drill and have my way with her.
    I decided to go with a two-section trolley like I used on the Trident Ultra 4.7, only two holes were drilled; bow area for a padeye.

Had a stainless steel plate made up that fits between the hull & the rudder bracket.
    [​IMG]

Employeed a bungee ball to anchor the Harken block.
    [​IMG]

Installed the "fuzzy" velcro on the back of each block/pulley to pad & reduce noise.
    [​IMG]

Used one Bungee Button, Cable Clamp combo in front & one in back
    [​IMG]

West Marine S/S Threaded Quick link at mid-point forward of the paddle keeper, aft of the side handle.
    [​IMG]

Padeye mounted just under flare of bow. Thru-bolted and just a dab of Goop.
    [​IMG]

S/S O-rings used in both sections. Used a Buntline Hitch, which is perfect for this application (have used for six installs now with great results). Developed by early saliors, it's a self-tightening knot used to secure square sails. http://www.animatedknots.com/buntline/i ... dknots.com
    [​IMG]

I also installed a Zig-Zag cleat, using Wellnuts for the install. As they are watertight, all I added was 3M automotive double-faced tape (bottom of cleat) to make the install rock solid.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]