1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowrance Elite 4 DSI installed on 2013 Wilderness Systems Advanced Ride 135

Discussion in 'Depth Finders' started by yaking4redfish, Jan 27, 2013.

1. yaking4redfish

yaking4redfish New Member

Here are a few photos with the Lowrance Elite 4 DSi installed on the 2013 Wilderness Systems Advanced Ride 135 with the Lowrance supper plug transducer kit

Attached Files:

2. yaking4redfish

Another photo in operation on the water

Attached Files:

3. yaking4redfish

Battery box powering the Lowrance Elite 4 DSI

Attached Files:

4. yaking4redfish

Camo

Attached Files:

5. YAKnLA

YAKnLA New Member

Very nice...

I did not know that there was a scupper kit for the Lowrance! Very intersting indeed....

6. rbenash

rbenash Member

Thinking of buying a set up for my 2013 Ride coming this week. I do a lot of river running. Looks like the transducer location on yaking4redfish's pic/ride has decent protection. It's in a well and the shape of the hull seems to provide protection as well? Which transducer are you using?

7. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

The DSI only comes with the 455/800 cigar style transducer. It is not the HDS Gen 2 style where you have two separate ones.

8. rbenash

rbenash Member

I have the DSI in my grubby little hands for a week.

Waiting on some other bits (battery, wiring caps, etc) to do the install.

Yep - has the single cigar transducer. Which looks as it will fit nicely into the bottom of the hull and will have plenty of protection due to the shape of the hull (rakes?) there.

Nice size unit. Going to keep it near at hand, rather than forward mounted.

9. NOMADMAD

NOMADMAD New Member

That is a great install. I put the same setup on my Tarpon140. I love fishing with it.

10. rwmax

rwmax New Member

So just when I figured I had it narrowed down to this same unit i was told that speed may be a factor?
    Does the down DSI still read at slow to no speed?

11. rbenash

rbenash Member

I can't help you there for sure. But very interested regarding this issue.

Do you have a URL or other resource or reference I can have a look at?

I'm at the point with my build on the WS 115 Ride 2013 where I will be doing the finder install (have the battery, wiring caps, etc) and then moving to figuring out how to create a mounting point for a Torqeedo boom. I have had to put the project on hold in defference to some "Honey Do" projects over the last couple weeks as well as Day Job travel and contract renewal efforts so that I can keep the bread on the table :)

I do want to make the wiring and install for this unit clean. If I have to I can wait until I have a good design. In the meantime I believe I have all the hardware stuff together. Just need to install.

If there's and issue with speed sensing I would think that it can or would be fixed with a software update or download.

One other question I have to the folks that posted photos of install/control head loaction. Looks like you've all mounted them quite forward. In fact all the way forward but center. Seems to me it would be hard to see detail that far up. I'm thinking of mounting much closer, say at my elbow or arms length on a Gear Track plate. I'd like to reserve that far forward spot shown for other uses I already have a customer Gear Track plate mounted there so good either way. The round base of the Lowarance is still something I have to figure out in how best to mount it to a Gear Track. Might have to build a custom UHMW base/mounting plate for use with Gear Trak.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013