1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Dog Bone

Discussion in 'Dog Bone' started by Prototype, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Prototype

Prototype New Member

Has anyone ever tried to connect two dog bones or a panfish and a dog bone for an extension to hold a gopro? I'm wondering if the weight of either setup can be supported horizontally?

2. Knot Right

Knot Right New Member

I have tried it. It is really too much weight for it to work effectively horizontally. I have gotten away with it at an angle, but the weight still causes it to wobble (actually flexes the kayak) if it is too horizontal (or too vertical). The PanFish with a small ball to ball connector, then use the 6" composite (less weight) connector arm works pretty good and produces the best footage that I have seen so far.
    Chad

3. Prototype

Prototype New Member

Thanks for the response Chad.

So this was connected by using a 1" ball connector at the base of the panfish and another in the gear track or mighty mount, connected by the longer ram double socket arm? Just making sure I understand before I order. If so, I didn't see the ball connector for the base of the panfish anywhere on the site, maybe I overlooked it?

4. rockcrawler

rockcrawler New Member

If you do try this setup I would suggest going to the 1.5" balls wherever possible. They hold much better than the 1"

5. YakAttack

YakAttack Guest

We have a new DogBone coming that is a Mighty Mount extender. No RAM balls on it, just screws into the Mighty Mount or GearTrac on one end and has a male stud on the other end to connect the accessory to. Should be available in a few days.

6. Hammerhead

Hammerhead New Member

That sounds like a great accessory!

7. Hanover_Yakker

Hanover_Yakker Member

:cool: Can't wait to see that!!! Might go well with the MM I got from the tournament...